Should I wait for Nokia Lumia 720 to arrive or just go ahead with the purchase of Nokia Lumia 820 ? .. yes that is one of the biggest question in many of yours minds after the announcement of Lumia 720.
We will try to answer that below.
Let’s have a look at the differences .. Nokia Lumia 720 vs Nokia Lumia 820
- 1 GHz Dual Core Processor vs 1.5 GHz Dual Core Processor
- Snapdragon Qualcomm MSM8227 vs Snapdragon Qualcomm MSM8960 Chipset
- Adreno 305 GPU vs Adreno 225 GPU
I would take a break here to let you know that though the GPU on Lumia 720 is higher in number but it’s not necessarily the same on Performance front. From whatever I have researched, both belong to the category ‘S4 Pro’ & perform identically with probably Adreno 225 GPU with 1.5 GHz Dual Core Processor better than Adreno 305 GPU with 1 GHz Dual Core Processor. Hope that’s clear.
- Support for 2G & 3G Bandwidth vs Support for 2G, 3G & 4G LTE Bandwidths
- Weight of 128 gms vs Weight of 160 gms
- IPS LCD Display vs AMOLED Display
- Ram of 512 MB vs Ram of 1 GB
You might face issues with RAM heavy games/apps on Lumia 720 than on the Lumia 820. That’s something which needs to be optimized by developers. Latest example of that being the recently released Gameloft game ‘Asphalt 7′ which is not available for 512 MB RAM devices & the good news Gameloft is already working on it to optimize it for 512 MB RAM devices.
- 6.7 MP Rear Camera with f/1.9 aperture vs 8 MP Rear Camera with f/2.2 aperture
This is where the biggest difference on Imaging front lies, the Aperture on Lumia 720 is never seen before on any Nokia smartphone (Lumia 920 has f/2.0) which allows more light to enter & thus better imaging if done rightly.
- Single LED Flash vs Dual LED Flash
- 1.3 MP Front facing camera (with Wide Angle Lens) vs VGA Front facing camera
Lumia 720 beats Lumia 820 hands down on FFC front
- 720p HD Video capturing vs 1080p Full HD Video capturing
- 2000 mAh Battery vs 1650 mAh Battery
One more front where you should expect Lumia 720 to beat Lumia 820 by a huge margin .. remember the processor which is clocked at lower speed on Lumia 720 .. yes that will help a lot.
- Unibody design vs Removable Back Cover
Where unibody design on Lumia 720 gives you a strong & premium build feeling, the removable back covers on Lumia 820 gives you the flexibility of different color choices & more importantly a removable battery.
There we have covered the basic differences between the two devices for all of you & below is the video to assist you further. The video is by Knowyourmobile
Believe it or not, Nokia Lumia 720 is the best your money can buy .. It’s probably the best value proposition out there in our opinion.