Nokia has today started rolling out its first update for Nokia X (RM-980) devices. The update takes the device to v. 11.1.1 and is a minor update at 16 MB in size OTA.
Those owning Nokia X devices can get this update OTA (Over-The-Air) by following the below instructions,
- Step 1. Your phone notifies you when an update is available for you. You can also check for updates by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates and tapping Check Now
- Step 2. To view and to install the updates, just tap the notification message, click Update and follow the instructions shown on your phone. You can install the update immediately, or postpone the update to a more convenient time.
- Step 3. The update takes around 15-30 minutes, and you are not able to use your phone during the update installation. You may need to restart your phone to finish the installation.
The key changes this update brings include
- Colors of 3rd party app tiles can be changed.
- Phone software performance improvements.