Call it the news of the day because the highly awaited Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview has finally got a date from none other than Joe Belfiore.
Initially expected to release during Build Conference, the update was undergoing some last minute bug fixes and it seems that things are sorted now. Joe Belfiore has confirmed early next week to be the release date of Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview.
Yowza, you’re going nuts 4 #WP8.1 dev preview. Everyone relax thru weekend, check in early next week. Enjoy Win8.1 update, write apps! 🙂
So what’s your date .. mine is 14th April & yours ?
Feeling excited ? .. I am. Can’t you see 😉
The final OS version of Windows Phone 8.1 that will be dispatched to OEMs and through Developer Preview is expected to be 8.10.12358. If we are to believe Nawzil
And meanwhile, find out how to make your device ‘Developer Preview’ ready.
Read below on how to bypass OEMs/Carriers and get early access to all those Windows Phone updates directly from Microsoft.
In the month of Oct 13, Windows Phone Developer Preview Program went live .. . meaning the developers can download the latest WP OS update (next is WP 8.1) once on release by Microsoft and can test their apps fully before the original OS update goes live (from OEMs/Carriers).
Below are some steps you have to follow to make your device developer preview ready. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that if you enroll for developer preview program & if by any chance anything goes wrong during/after the update – you are solely responsible for it as your devices Warranty will be void. Keep in mind !
How a normal user can get the update
- Register as ‘Windows Phone App Studio developer’ for free .. click here (here click on Start New Project, Enter your Microsoft sign-in details, next you will have to agree to certain things – do that and you are good to go !)
- Next download the app ‘Preview for Developers’ from Windows Phone Store .. click here
- You will be required to accept additional terms & conditions within the app prior to opt-in.
- The key features of ‘Preview for Developers’ app are 1) Access to latest pre-release Windows Phone updates and 2) Ability to opt-out of pre-releases and only receive production Windows Phone updates
- Once you are done with the above, go ahead to Settings & press Check for updates. You will find the update waiting there for you (if its available) !