The Xbox Music app for Windows Phone 8.1 not getting an update is a rather rare situation as you would almost be greeted with a new update every 10 day or so. Ok, but that is now changing and you will be getting a update once a month as the team is also working to bring new features to Windows 10.
You may have noticed it has been more than two weeks since the last update was released. Updates will be less frequent now that the team is also working on new features that will be introduced in Windows 10. Rest assured we will continue to update the Xbox Music app on Windows Phone 8.1 based on your feedback. Expect an update each month.
Heres the change-log for todays update (version 2.6.414.0)
- Thirteen of our top unexpected app exits (e.g. playback during sync, changing filter with selected songs)
- Album and artist art issues:
- Some local tracks not showing album art in Now Playing
- Album art flashing while shuffling large collections
- Background artist art flashing
- Inconsistent display of album art when offline
- Local or sideloaded albums not showing album art in Recent Plays
- Content sync interruptions causing all future syncs to fail
- Deleted songs dont always get removed from your collection
- Unable to playback albums in certain circumstances
- Inconsistent sorting of songs that start with an article (e.g. “A”)
- We also brought back the buy option for individual songs which disappeared last week. Its back!
Grab Xbox Music from Windows Phone Store below
Size 13 MB
Works with WP8.1 (512MB RAM supported)
Publisher Microsoft Corporation