A rather pleasing news for the owners of Lumia 822 & Lumia 929 on Verizon as the much much awaited Denim update has just hit them. The devices get a step jump to Denim by-passing the Cyan update which Verizon failed to deliver due to some issues with its own apps & the Cyan update.
Nonetheless the wait is over.
The confirmation came from none other than Joe Belfiore & here’s a tweet from him
Happy Holidays WP users on Verizon! The 928 and 922 updates (WP8.1 + Denim) go live today and the ICON is on deck for early 2015.
Joe also mentioned that Lumia Denim will hit Lumia Icon in Jan 15 & that is also the month when Denim will begin to see wider roll-out.
Hereâs a look at whatâs incoming with Lumia Denim and Windows Phone 8.1 Update (1)
Lumia specific experiences
- First and the most important feature coming with Lumia Denim is the âLumia Cameraâ update. Lumia Camera update is specific to devices with upgraded hardware i.e. Lumia 930, Lumia Icon, Lumia 1520 and Lumia 830 (all these are PureView phones) and below is the link where we have covered abou the Lumia Camera in detail. Check out.
- Another important addition being âHey Cortanaâ voice activation feature. So you donât have to press the search button to activate Cortana, you can just say âHey Cortanaâ and she will come to life (even if your device is in idle state). Again the implementation of this feature is associated with new upgraded processors and SensorCore technology. The eligible devices will be Lumia 1520, Lumia 930 and Lumia Icon.
Windows Phone 8.1 Update (1)
- Folders. Folders let you organize your Start screen the way you want. Just push one Tile on top of another one to create a folder and get going.
- Messaging. Combine multiple text messages into one, and then forward them to someone else.
- Selection. With improved selection, you can now delete multiple calls, messages, or contacts.
- Apps Corner. Apps Corner lets you specify apps other people can use on a Windows Phone. Great for individuals and any-sized organizations who want to provide only the essential apps for others to use for work, school, or any other reason.
- Cortana. Thereâs another way to start Cortana from a Bluetooth hands-free system in your car nowâjust tap the contact named âCortanaâ? and ask her whatever you want. And now youâre able to do more things without unlocking your phone too, making your personal assistant even better.
- Store. The new Live Tile for Windows Phone Store helps you discover new apps and games. Just pin the Store to Start and youâre ready to go.
- Internet Explorer. Improvements to Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Phone give you a better browsing experience on your phone. Spend less time panning and zooming and more time enjoying some of your favorite websites.
- Alarms. Now you can customize the snooze time for an alarm, and then enjoy a little more shuteye for the time you want.
- Accessory apps. Use accessory apps to get notifications from your phone on your smart watch, active phone cover, fitness tracker, or other kinds of accessories.
- Internet sharing. Now you can share your cellular data connection over Bluetooth, so you can get an Internet connection on more kinds of devices.
- VPN. VPN now supports L2TP, which lets you connect to more VPN services. Whether you connect to a VPN for work or personal use, you can do it on your Windows Phone.
- Narrator. Narrator now has touch typing and a way for you to turn off hints for controls and buttons if you donât want them read aloud. Some other improvements to Narrator help you unlock your phone a little more quickly, find and use the Back, Start, and Search buttons more easily, and tell you when your phone screen is on or off.
- Phone update. Install updates when you want by scheduling them for a time that works best for you. And if your phone supports SD cards, it will now detect if youâre running low on space when updating and use the SD card. (Scheduling an update is available after updating to build 8.10.14203.206. Support for using your SD card for updating your phone depends on your phone model and manufacturer.)
- Battery Saver. Keep an eye on your battery power from your Start screen. Just pin Battery Saver to Start, and the new Live Tile will show you at a glance how much battery power you have left. (This feature is available only for phones running build 8.10.14203.206.) To get info about the latest features, see the Battery Saver app in the Store.