Indian Railways has just launched its Mobile Ticketing application UTS on Windows Phone. UTS stands for Unreserved Ticketing System & here’s a detailed info about it.
UTS Mobile Ticketing application services were launched by Hon’ble Minister of Railways on 27.12.2014 for Mumbai and Chennai suburban areas.
Indian Railway is introducing the facility of booking unreserved suburban tickets on smartphones. As of now the Mobile UTS System has been introduced in Mumbai and Chennai suburban areas only.
The application has been developed in-house by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).The passenger has to book the ticket in the mobile phone and print the ticket on the ATVMs installed at the journey originating (Source) stations. The passenger has to maintain a Railway Wallet(R-Wallet) with Railways to avail the facility.
Mobile UTS Application Features
- Quick Booking – Book Ticket using frequent travel routes.
- Normal Booking – Book Ticket for any suburban routes.
- Cancel Ticket – Cancel a Ticket before taking Ticket Printout @ Kiosk.
- Booking History – Show already booked tickets with rebook option.
- Profile – Manage the passenger profile and check R-Wallet balance.
Payment Method for Mobile UTS
- The tickets can be booked through Mobile UTS only through Railway wallet.
- The passenger has to use R-Wallet as a payment instrument to book the ticket through mobile application.
- Upon successful registration, R-Wallet will be opened on zero-balance basis for the passenger. The R-Wallet will be linked with the mobile number.
- The passenger has to recharge the R-Wallet either at the UTS counters available in the suburban railway stations or visit the URL utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in
- Railway wallets are closed wallets and will be used only for Rail ticket booking.
- At the time of ticket booking, the application will check whether the R-Wallet account is having sufficient balance to book the ticket and if the amount is sufficient, then the ticket fare amount will be deducted and ticket will be booked.
- Upon cancellation of ticket, the refund amount will be topped up in the R-Wallet.
Grab UTS from Windows Phone Store below
Type – Free
Size – 3 MB
Version – 188.8.131.52
Works with WP8 & WP8.1 (512MB RAM supported)
Publisher – Centre for Railway Information Systems