Couple of days back it so happened that WhatsApp, the highly popular instant messaging service, officially announced the arrival of its messaging service over Web meaning now one can also use WhatsApp over PC or Laptop.
The web client here is an extension of phone & not a separate software in itself. The browser in this case just mirrors the conversations & messages from your smartphone. So basically you still need a smartphone with an eligible SIM to make WhatsApp work over the web.
WhatsApp web, as officially referred to, currently works on a Chrome browser only (more browsers coming soon) and you should also possess either a Windows Phone or an Android or a Blackberry to make it work. Nope WhatsApp web does not support iOS due to platform limitations.
This is what you need to do
- Update WhatsApp on your Smartphone to the latest version. In case of Windows Phone it is version 2.11.634
- Next go to Options (3 dots at bottom right on WP). There you will find whatsapp web.
- On clicking whatsapp web, the Scan code option will open.
- Now on your Laptop/PC with Chrome browser, you need to visit the page https://web.whatsapp.com/ and scan the QR code present on it with your Smartphone.
- Thatall .. In a matter of seconds, the mirroring will start and your Whatsapp web client will be active.
You can grab the latest WhatsApp update from Windows Phone Store below
Size 17 MB
Works with WP8 & WP8.1 (512MB RAM supported)
Publisher WhatsApp Inc.
- Introducing WhatsApp Web: You can now send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser. To get started, visit web.whatsapp.com on your computer. Available on Windows Phone 8+.
- Bug fixes and other improvements