Feb 15 saw the first ever release of Technical Preview build for Phones & as we are in to March, hopes are high for the next build to release. We so far know that Microsoft will be adding support for more devices in the upcoming Technical Preview build but when the update shall be available is not known.
Meanwhile, several screenshots of probably the next Technical Preview build for Phones has leaked on the web. The version number being 10038.12518
- Use of Microsoft YaHei fonts (Microsoft YaHei is a Simplified Chinese font developed by taking advantage of ClearType technology, and it provides excellent reading experience particularly onscreen. The font is very legible at small sizes)
- App List will now show ‘recently updated’ and ‘recently used’ apps & as like the earlier build the background picture will be visible in App List section & will be shaded
- You can now pin Settings to the Start Screen (in line with the WP8.1 GDR2 update) in the Technical Preview build. Check-out the ‘Pin-it’ icon at top right.
- Dialer UI sees refresh
- Windows 10 for Phone ‘Settings‘ hub
- USB settings
- Camera settings (you can pin to Start screen)
- The new ‘Photo Album‘ app (settings page). The syncing ability is now even better.
- Map Settings (can be pinned to Start screen). Ability to download maps over Metered connections. We can now see more & more customization everywhere.
- The new ‘File Explorer‘ in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Action Center (no changes)
- Windows 10 Keyboard with Virtual Pointer
- Highly improved Keyboard settings with ability to choose Keyboard size, To show speech input button or not, Contacts, Dictionary & Right handed/Left handed mode
- New Input Languages – Amharic & Norwegian
- Windows 10 Build 10038.12518
At this moment, Windows 10 Technical Preview is available Lumia 630, Lumia 635, Lumia 636, Lumia 638, Lumia 730 & Lumia 830 with support for more devices coming in the upcoming build.
Here’s how you can be a part of Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones
- Become a Windows Insider by registering with your Microsoft ID at below lin
- That’s it!
Caution – Make a note that Technical Preview Program is different from Developers Preview Program in a way that the build can be unstable, buggy and might even brick or damage your device.